4th Annual Rail Cyber Security Summit February 19th and 20th Amsterdam Netherlands
AMSTERDAM, SCHIPHOL, NETHERLANDS, December 5, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Taking place at the Crowne Plaza in Amsterdam-Schiphol on the 19th and 20th February 2019, the event will see security specialists from around the world gather to discuss how to manage the ever-evolving cyber threat to the world’s railways as Internet of Things (IoT) technology becomes increasingly integrated with operational infrastructure.
The Rail Cyber Security Summit is a two-day executive forum for IT and OT security professionals organised by specialist cyber security event company, Cyber Senate. The event will include case studies and presentations from global cyber subject matter experts, representatives of passenger and freight rail operators and infrastructure managers. It will also feature in-depth discussion sessions with leading rolling stock and signalling systems suppliers, to collectively address the security challenges faced across the rail 4.0 supply chain.
Key topics on the agenda include:
• The integration and convergence of IT and OT
• How to manage and mitigate the risk of cyber threat
• Managing supply chain and third party risk
• Identifying and addressing blind spots
• Innovations in detection and mitigation
• Configuration management
• Incorporating resilience into information systems
• Critical control system components
Speakers already confirmed for the event include:
• Lies Alderliester, Chief Information Security Officer, Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS)
• Arjen Boersma, Manager CIO Office, Prorail
• Israel Baron, Head of Cyber Security Department, Israel Railways
• Oliver de Visscher, Chief Information Security Officer, Infrabel
• Christian Schlehuber, cybersecurity expert, DB Netz AG
• Claudio Cassarino, Managing Director, Metro service Denmark
• Sverre Kjenne, Executive Vice President of Digitilization and Technology, Bane NOR
• Geir Arild Engh-Hellesvik, Chief Information Security Officer, NSB Rail
• David Tapia Santamaria, Cyber Security Engineer, CAF
Discussing the event James Nesbitt, organiser of the event and founder of Cyber Senate said: “Merging the latest IoT technology with operational technology has the potential to be genuinely transformative for our railways, however, it is not without risk.
“2015’S Project Honeytrain – a ‘honeytrap’ exercise which attracted 2.7 million cyber attacks to a virtual rail infrastructure in just six weeks – showed just how considerable the appetite is for attacking our railways in this way.
“And with hackers becoming more ever more sophisticated, it is essential that those working in the industry ensure that they stay one step ahead – optimising the technical performance of often neglected rail infrastructure and taking a ‘macro’ view, which considers the many risk channels facing rail infrastructure, including supply chains.
“This event will give those working in and around the industry the knowledge they need to ensure they have the right tools to incorporate resilience into information systems, critical control system components and business processes throughout their organisation.”
Location: 19th-20th February 2019 at the Crowne Plaza in Amsterdam-Schiphol Planeetbaan 2, 2132 HZ Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Find out more: https://www.railcybersecurity.com
Join the Rail Cyber Security LinkedIn group here: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8432325/
Notes to editors
The Cyber Senate is part of IoE Events Ltd (Internet of Everything!).To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: EIN Presswire